O Aayere Chute aaye Pujor Gondho Esheche
Dhang Kur Kur Dhang Kurakur Batti Bejeche
Gache Shiuli Futeche, Kalo Bhromra Juteche
Aaj Palla Diye Akashe Meghera Chuteche
The cool breeze of ‘Sharatkal’ filling the air with the sweet smell of ‘Shiuli phool,’ prepares every Bengali for the home coming of Durga Maa or Goddess Durga. As the Bengali folks get anxious with the last minute preparation for the five day festival starting from ‘Panchami,’ the city gears up to see one of its best celebrations in the name of Durga Puja.
Sound of Dhaks and conch shells, beautiful pandals, new clothes and variety of food mark the spirit of the festive mood for Bengalis. With more than 4 lakhs Bengalis in the Silicon city, Durga Puja is celebrated at a large scale in 30 – 40 places in Bengaluru. The Bengalis in the city for a very long time now have successfully held on to the ethnicity, culture and vigour of the festivals like that of Kolkata, which is considered to be the abode of Bengali culture and festivities. So if you are in the city, it is an amazing opportunity to visit these places and be a part of the Bong celebration with some authentic and delicious Bengali cuisine to spice up your taste buds.
Sarodiyar Priti O Subhechha!!!
The following is a list of some of the Durga Puja Pandals in Bangalore for 2015:
- Poorva Bangalore Cultural Association – VSR Convention Hall, Brookfield, Bangalore
- Bengali Association Durga Puja – RBANMS Ground, Near Ulsoor Lake
- Socio Cultural Association, Indiranagar – Poorna Prajna and Sishu GRiha School Grounds, HAL IIIrd Stage, New Tippasandra
- Jayamahal Sarbajanin Durga Puja – Jayamahal Ladies Club Ground, Adjacent to Jayamahal Park.
- RT Nagar Sarbajanin Durga Puja – Sai Baba Temple, Near Patel’s Inn.
- Mangala Kalyana Mantapa, 80 Ft Road, Koramangala 8th Block. Next to Aangan Restaurant and opposite to Ganesh Temple.
- Purva Bangalore Cultural Association – VSR Convention Hall, ITPL Road, Brookfields next to Café Coffee Day
- Whitefield Cultural Association – Whitefield Close to Nilgiris in Whitefield, Whitefield Main Road
- Munikolala Durga Puja – Maratahalli Munikolala, Opp Innovative Multiplex, Ring Road, Maratahalli
- Banaswadi Bengali Cultural Union – Banaswadi Sitarama Kalyana Mandap, Kullappa Circle, Banaswadi Main Road
- SORRBA Durga Puja – Sarjapura Road ALT Training College, Sarjapura Main Road, Between Total Mall and Springfields Apartment
- Sarjapura Durga Puja by Sarjapura Outer ring Road Bengali Association @Suncity Playground, ORR Junction
- Sarathi Socio Cultural Forum Muni Reddy Kalayana Mantapa, 6th Block, 80 Ft Road , Koramangala, Opp. BMP Park & NearKoramangala Post Office.
- Bangalore Rural Association – Sedul Dassappa Kalyana Mantap, Near Attibele Bus Terminal Circle.
- Antaranga Bengali Cultural Association, Sanjay Nagar Ramana Maharishi Centre for Learning, Post Office Road, Sanjaynagar
- North Bangalore Cultural Association – Nandini Layout â Mandirâ, 8A, FTI Colony, Nandini Layout, Opp. ISKCON
- Swarnakar Samiti Durga Puja – Corporation Beside GEO Hotel, Near Corporation and Hudson Circle
- Airforce Command Hospital – Inside Command Hospital, Cambridge Layout.
- Air Force Colony Murgeshpalya Durga Puja – Murgeshpalya Army Base, Wind Tunnel Road, Near Manipal Hospital.
- Hebbagodi Durga Puja, Vinayaka Nagar, Hebbagodi, Hosur Road
- ECCA – Electronic City Cultural Association Durga Puja at White Feather, NICE ROAD Junction, HOSUR MAIN ROAD.
You can also check out more Durga Puja pandals in Bangalore.